Essentials of Online Course Management 4.0
We'll present options and examples to help you think through how your noncredit course will function on the UM System One Canvas platform and integrate with our other technologies. We'll even discuss a few critical differences between academic and noncredit courses.
Next, we'll walk you through various student enrollment, access and participation options. At the other end of your course, you need to understand your course completion options and responsibilities, and how to offer and use course completion certificates.
Lastly, we'll look at your course renewal options, copying an existing course or adding a new course enrollment section.
We have used Modules to organize course content by topic, included graphics and videos where appropriate, and provided many authentic examples. This course has been designed to serve as an invaluable, ongoing resource.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly classify course examples by type, format, and enrollment option.
- Create a life cycle timeline for your course.
- Identify key communication points for course management.
- Locate key resources.
- Describe the purpose and value of course templates.
- Identify the four course review phases.
- Describe student and instructor impacts for different course conclusion option