For all MU Extension faculty, administration and professional staff, UMEA is dedicated to promoting fellowship and the general welfare of our members through opportunities for professional improvement and the recognition of achievement and leadership.
Historically, MU Extension has been about delivering applied knowledge to the citizens. Today, the University of Missouri is renewing that active partnership between the university and the community to identify and explore the critical problems and challenges facing Missourians. Through engaged teaching, research, applied knowledge, practices and key partnerships, we create shared solutions. Student engagement, public service and outreach are part of these opportunities.
University of Missouri Engage portal
- Searchable inventory of MU programs, activities and educational opportunities that bring valuable knowledge and resources directly to people and communities of Missouri.
All Things Missouri
- Your gateway for interactive mapping, reports and insights into issues facing Missourians.
MU Office of Service Learning
- Supports academically-based community outreach campus-wide, serves as a consulting center for program design and implementation, and provides and maintains partnerships with service agencies and organizations in Missouri.
Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS)
- Works with scientists and engagement practitioners to build capacity, advance scholarship, grow partnerships and provide resources to help them engage with and demonstrate the impact of research in their communities and society.
- Comprehensive research-based professional development programs from Mizzou's College of Education to help educators integrate technology into teaching.
- Connecting the people, resources, tools and ideas of UM System research and creative activities for the purpose of research development, communication, engagement and professional development to benefit the people of Missouri, the nation, and the world.
Engaged Scholarship Consortium
- Organization of higher education member institutions with a goal to work collaboratively to build strong university-community partnerships anchored in the rigor of scholarship, and designed to help build community capacity.
For extension professionals, para-professionals, administrators and retirees, ESP is dedicated to fostering standards of excellence in the land-grant extension system and developing the extension profession and professional.
MAEP strives to advance the professional status of Extension agents and specialists with agriculture-related Extension appointments.
The role of MEAFCS is to promote, support and recognize Missouri's Extension Family and Consumer Science educators; and to represent their programming efforts and issues throughout MU Extension.
The mission of MAE4HYW is to promote, strengthen, enhance and advocate the 4-H youth development profession. Association awards are given each year to recognize the achievements of fellow colleagues.
An association of MU Extension faculty engaged in community economic development programming, our members represent the fields of business development, community development, workforce development and related disciplines. MACEDEP encourages and supports the application of the principles of community resource development throughout the state.
An association for extension professionals engaged in programs and staff development. Among various goals, NAEPSDP fosters communication among extension professionals to improve collaboration, share resources, enhance multi-state efforts and to sponsor and promote training programs that advance program and staff development practices.
National Extension professional organizations are all a part of the JCEP, representing extension professionals and advocating for excellence in the extension profession.