The David E. Baker Distinguished Extension Programmatic Leadership Award recognizes a University of Missouri Extension faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in the development and delivery of strategic educational efforts or programming to address emerging agriculture and/or natural resource challenges and issues.
Recipient will receive a plaque and up to $1,000 to be used for professional development.
All University of Missouri Extension faculty are eligible. Members of the immediate administrative staff of the vice chancellor for extension, regional directors, campus extension administrators and members of the Fellowship and Awards Committee are not eligible.
Recipients of the award shall demonstrate:
- A track record of high-quality educational programming that strategically addresses emerging challenges and issues impacting University of Missouri Extension clientele.
- Excellence in building and maintaining new partnerships.
- Leadership in cross-disciplinary endeavors.
- Outstanding evaluation efforts.
- Innovation demonstrated by the educational activity.
- Proven commitment to lifelong learning for planning, conducting and evaluating extension educational activity.
To learn more about deadlines, submission instructions and other important information, please visit the awards home page:
2021: Jennifer Lutes
2020: Velynda Cameron
2019: Rob Myers
2018: Joe L. Horner