The MU Extension and Engagement Individual Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion recognizes individuals leading and innovating efforts to incorporate equity, diversity and inclusion into MU Extension culture, impact and outcomes. This award is presented by the MU Extension EDI Council through the generosity of the Kenyon Grant Harman, Dorothy Donohew Amos, Carolyn Harman Zollman, and Ruth Cora Harman Inclusion and Diversity Fund for MU Extension and Advancement.
Emphasis will be placed on submissions that show:
- Impact and outcomes reaching new and diverse audiences
- Potential for long-term, sustained efforts
- Systemic, as well as local impact
A cash award of $1,000 is awarded annually.
Applicants must be University of Missouri Extension faculty or staff, including county support staff/bookkeepers. NOTE: Current EDIC members will not be considered for council-related work.
Applications will be evaluated based on the applicant's efforts related to:
- Creating or reimagining programming or services emphasizing equity, diversity, and inclusion principles and practices
- Documenting program impact and outcomes
- Demonstrating sustainability
- Showing innovation
- Involving, building and strengthening community
To learn more about deadlines, submission instructions and other important information, please visit the awards home page:
|2018||Letitia K. Johnson|
|2015||Karen Brents Funkenbusch|
|2013||John C. Hobbs|