Suggestions? Requests?Email EDIC
UM System Partners
- UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ›
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force ›
- MU Division of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity ›
- UMKC Division of Diversity and Inclusion ›
- Missouri S&T Student Diversity Initiatives › and Equity and Title IX ›
- UMSL Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ›
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in 4-H ›
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council (EDIC) works to build a culture within MU Extension and Engagement that ensures that all who work, partner, volunteer with and participate in our programs exemplify the values embodied in MU’s Inclusive Excellence Framework. We are committed to growing and sustaining an equitable, diverse and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all Missourians and the culture and practices that empower and serve that.
To learn more, see this overview of our mission, goals and more. Our work and partnerships will only have lasting impact on Missouri’s grand challenges if we are accessible, equitable and inclusive of all voices and perspectives within our communities, counties, state and beyond.
University of Missouri Extension and Engagement will create, advance and embody a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion within each person, system and practice. As an advisory committee, the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council will foster a culture of inclusive excellence throughout all MU Extension programs and the communities we serve.
- ○ The EDIC is appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Extension and Engagement to establish equity, diversity and inclusion goals and strategies across the organization.
- ○ Goals and strategies will align with the University of Missouri’s Inclusive Excellence Framework and with UM System goals and strategies.
- ○ Equity, diversity and inclusion work and impact engages our volunteers, councils and broader communities, as well as all MU Extension faculty and staff.
Here you will find resources to help build a strong foundation and understanding within ourselves, our organization and our communities for this essential work and practice.
Events / Trainings
EDIC is working on curating and eventually developing trainings. See "Events" in the gray box for current training opportunities.
Stories / Recognitions
MU Extension and Engagement faculty and staff awards — presented during Engagement Week — include two awards that recognize leadership and excellence in programs and work that contribute to greater equity, inclusion and diversity.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 23, 2023 - June 7, 2023
The curriculum is designed to help participants develop the awareness, knowledge, and skills for providing leadership around diversity and inclusion issues; working more effectively with people from backgrounds different than your own; and for making ...
News & articles
- Published: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2022
The MU Extension and Engagement Team Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion recognizes teams that are leading efforts to incorporate equity, diversity and inclusion into MU Extension. This award is presented by the MU Extension Equity, Diversity ...
- Published: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
From Dwayne T. James, EDIC chair and county engagement specialist in community economic development, St. Louis CountyThough the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council (EDIC) is taking a summer break from our Fireside Chats, we wanted to recognize ...
- Published: Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – “They were the students who were not supposed to make it,” says Donna Garcia.They are young people with the potential to become top scholars and leaders in their communities, but they face obstacles that might make success seem ...
A web-based library of resources and information on disaster preparedness for culturally diverse communities and other at-risk populations. Credit: The National Resource Center on Advancing Emergency Preparedness for Culturally Diverse Communities.
Building bridges between MU Extension & the Latinx Community - Learn how to bridge cultural differences in your community.