The MU Extension County Council of the Year award is a new addition to recognitions given during Extension and Engagement Week. The award recognizes the central role councils have in:
- identifying local opportunities and challenges around agriculture, economic opportunity, education and health
- engaging local communities and representative voices
- connecting MU Extension with local partners
- supporting initiatives that create measurable, lasting impact
The County Council of the Year Award is another way to elevate council members’ voices as powerful advocates for MU Extension as we serve Missouri and deliver Mizzou.
The application process has two rounds. The Round 2 winner and all finalists will be announced during Extension and Engagement Week.
Round 1 submission deadline: Monday, Aug. 14, 2023
Submissions must involve work that begins and/or ends during January 1, 2022–July 31, 2023.
Each regional director, with EESs, will help identify and encourage one county council from the region to apply, highlighting a project, program or initiative that:
- addressed one or more grand challenges: agriculture, economic opportunity, education and health
- involved community partners and voices — from needs assessment through program delivery
- showed impact
Applications, which should be completed by someone from the Extension County council, should include a one-page written document, or a brief audio/video file that describes the project. It should provide answers to the following:
- What opportunity for community impact (related to agriculture, economic opportunity, education or health) did the council identify?
- What information or data sources did the council use to identify the opportunity?
- Describe the solution the council implemented.
- How did the county council include representative community voices and partners throughout the entire process of identifying the opportunity, designing and implementing solutions, measuring and communicating impact?
- How did the county council document the impact of the solutions?
- How did the county council communicate with the community about this challenge, the solution and the impact of the solution?
Round 2 presentations: Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2023, during regularly scheduled Third Tuesday meeting.
More details about Round 2 to come.
If you have questions about the award or application process, please contact council development director Lorin Fahrmeier.