Partner Organizations, Collaborations and Initiatives
Strategic partnerships are about identifying, facilitating and nurturing new and existing relationships, forging strong partnerships and deepening ties for MU and MU Extension — both internally and externally. These often take the shape of initiatives that have statewide impact or bring together those from various disciplines and fields to make a real difference.
Fortunately, the University of Missouri is well-suited to help address these challenges. MU Extension is poised to address these three major concerns by working with experts in the fields of agriculture and environment; youth and family; business and community; and health and safety.
Partnering on Grand Challenges
Extension's strategic partnerships staff are working to identify those big-picture issues with multiple facets that can’t easily be solved by any one entity. They affect multiple people and areas and are far from simple to tackle. Their influence impacts large numbers of people and can have devastating consequences — or, if addressed — can make life-changing societal differences and economic impacts. Some of these areas are:
- Educational attainment:
- New cooperation with junior colleges and other UM System schools
- Ways that Mizzou is addressing via online courses
- Missouri broadband initiative
- Workforce preparedness
- Opioid crisis (nationally and in Missouri)
- Rural health care access
- Farmer mental health
- Mizzou Athletics County Ambassadors Program (scroll down on page to see map of counties seeking ambassadors)
- Admissions and enrollment: Growing MU’s admissions
- MU Land Grant Scholarship Education Initiative