Toggle Side Menu In this section

Procurement – General

  • All IT purchases must be paid by DoIT/ETCS or pre-approved by DoIT/ETCS
  • If a purchase can be made with a OneCard but has terms & conditions, send the following to [email protected] for approval:
     • What to be purchased
     • Link to terms and conditions or copy of same
  • If not approved, the purchase needs to be made with a requisition


Tip: Contact the Finance Support Center to change your ePro defaults.

Purchase orders

PeopleSoft eProcurement is an online system for purchasing through university-contracted vendors. It includes the Show-Me Shop, an online catalog of office supplies, scientific supplies and computers.

Tips for shoppers:

  • Show-Me Shop items should not be included in the same order as non-catalog items (regular PO).
  • Non-catalog items have a limit of one vendor and up to 99 line items.
  • Show-Me Shop orders have a limit of one "ship-to code" per vendor per requisition. 
    List of active University of Missouri System ship-to codes (PDF) [under Step 1: Obtaining eProcurement Access as a Campus/System user}
    To get a new ship-to code, contact the Finance Support Center.
  • For non-eProcurement orders, bidding is recommended at $5000, required at $10,000+.  Please contact the Procurement Hotline for assistance.

University Purchasing & travel card (OneCard)

Important caution:
Cardholders cannot agree to terms and conditions for the university. Please be cautious of this when paying for items online.

  • UM System OneCard policies and procedures
  • PaymentNet
    To see card declines, spending limits, and transactions but is no longer used for editing transactions.
  • Top 10 PCard reminders
  • Enterprise rentals
  • Sam's Club purchases

    MU Procurement has a Corporate Membership Program with Sam’s Club in Columbia, Springfield and Kansas City, Mo. This program allows for department end-users to make university business related tax-exempt purchases with their university purchasing card. This will eliminate the need for blanket orders and purchase orders. The new process is simple:

    1. Department end-users obtain a “Business Membership Card” from the Sam’s Club Customer Service center. Your pcard and tax exempt letter will be needed for this initial setup. Note: These are at no cost to the department and remain with the department.

    2. Present the Business Membership Card to enter Sam’s Club. Select items to purchase.

    3. At checkout, present to the Sam’s Club Cashier the Business Membership Card, and the University Purchasing Card. Note: Personal purchases will not be allowed under the business membership. The only method of payment accepted will be the University Purchasing Card.

    Procurement has not set up a contract with the Sam’s Clubs in the St. Louis area. However, a Sam's Club card from Columbia, Springfield, or Kansas Cty will be honored in the St. Louis store.

    Online ordering is also possible. The email order confirmation will go to Brenda Reifschneider, who will forward it on to the Billing to name entered. If you need further assistance to get started, please contact the Procurement Hotline, listed on the Purchasing page.

  • Reimbursement instructions for OneCard charges done in error
  • Fuel for University vehicles should be charged to a Fleet card, but are allowable on a OneCard if a fleet card is not available.  Please check with UM Finance Support for further details.
  • Approved employee moves can now be paid with PCard if using a contracted moving company.
  • University contact UM Finance Support
  • Tip: If you are paying for an item with a OneCard and the supplier charges a minimal fee for paying with a credit card,
    it is appropriate to pay for both the item and fee with the OneCard.  If the fee is unreasonable, the item can be paid
    thru the appropriate alternate payment method making sure to include that the supplier
    unreasonable credit card fee is the reason.
  • Forms


Office supplies

  • Office supplies should be ordered through ePro. If the item is not available through ePro, it can be purchased with a PCard (include note with PCard statement that the item was not available).

Printing services


Property and capital equipment policy

Under the UM System Property and Capital Equipment Policy (Inventory of Moveable Property and Equipment) each campus is responsible for maintaining inventory records for all non-expendable, movable property and equipment which has a single item cost of $5,000 or more. A list is provided to MU Extension semi-annually and units are asked to verify the status and location of the items.

Included in the policy are responsibilities at the department chair and administrative head level for establishing appropriate controls for all products purchased with university funds and maintaining records and controls for sensitive or portable equipment that are not inventoried under other provisions of the policy. Items listed as examples include: laptops and desktop computers, monitors and printers, guns, cameras, stop watches, pocket calculators, cellphones and PDAs. The information maintained must include:

  1. Item description
  2. Make and model number
  3. Date purchased and price paid
  4. Individual to whom the equipment is assigned

Extension Technology and Computer Support (ETCS) currently tracks computers, monitors, laptops, networked printers, scanners, digital cameras, polycoms, smartboards and projectors that are purchased through them. An inventory list is provided annually for update.  

In order to track other items such as PDAs, cameras, etc., we are asking that each program area and fiscal unit self-inventory and then maintain a list of items that were purchased with university funding. In the future, items purchased with university funds should be added to the list. At a minimum, a yearly accounting of the items would be appropriate.

For local county extension offices, any equipment purchased with university funds that are not otherwise inventoried and tagged must be labeled in a way to indicate the items are University of Missouri property and should be maintained on the office’s inventory list. If the list is combined with items purchased with council funds, the list should indicate the source of funding for each item.

Surplus equipment

Disposal or transfer of surplus equipment from county or regional offices

Generally, surplus property and equipment purchased with university funds must be returned to the university’s surplus inventory department in Columbia for sale or disposal. Donations of equipment or property purchased with university funds to outside organizations or individuals are not allowed. Due to the location of our local county offices and regional offices throughout the state, the cost to ship items to Columbia may be prohibitive or it may not be feasible for these items to be brought to Columbia by extension staff.

In some cases, items may be approved for local sale or disposal. Requests must be sent to Callie Glascock in administrative management.  MU Surplus Property will be contacted and the response will be provided to the local office upon receipt.

When there are items of computer equipment that remain useable, but are in excess of the needs of a given office, staff should:

  • determine if the items can be used elsewhere within the region
  • lists should be shared with other regional directors by email, carbon copied to Callie Glascock.

Items determined to be excess to needs statewide should be returned to ETCS for disposition. These items are not approved for local sale. For any items moved between offices, the description, serial number, inventory number and new location must be reported to Callie Glascock and ETCS by e-mail.

The following are procedures of "non-supported" computing equipment (items which ETCS will no longer support) or other property and equipment which has been approved for disposition by local sale:

  • Items must be listed for sale in a public place such as the county office, or courthouse (a bulletin board or other place where public notices are normally posted) for at least a week before sale.
  • The proceeds of such sales may be retained locally and must be used by the local extension council in support of extension programs.
  • All software, except the operating system, must be removed from computing equipment prior to sale.
  • The description, serial number, university inventory number (if any) and sale price of equipment sold must be forwarded to Callie Glascock by email.
  • If items cannot be sold, e-mail Callie Glascock for instructions.

MU Surplus Property office