University Fiscal Management
General accounting and administrative management
University accounting links
- Division of Finance (includes PeopleSoft tree)
- Travel & Moving-including University reimbursement, rental vehicles, and ISE funding codes
- Copy of State of Missouri Tax Exemption Letter
- Update: Missouri Department of Revenue Taxation Division sent notice that indicates the pocket size copy of the sales tax exemption letter that faculty and staff may have received should not be presented to suppliers because it is an alteration of the full size exemption letter.
- Sales tax exemption in other states
- Sales Tax exemption-Purchases paid by an Employee
- Tax Exempt Status of County Councils and 4H Clubs (PDF) — updated December 2018
- Policies and procedures for petty cash and change funds
- Cash handling procedures for campus units (DOCX)
Average Compensation rates for standard MU Extension Positions• State Specialist -- $57/hr
• Includes Extns Professional; Extns Asoc Professional, Ext Ast Professional, Professor, Asoc Professor, Ast Professor, Extns Professor, Asoc Extns Professor, Ast Extns Professor, Ast Resrch Professor, Specialist, Asoc State Specialist, Instructor, Extns Instructor, Clinical Instructor • Regional Specialist -- $37/hr
• Includes Field Specialist and Community Engagement Specialist • Extension Associate (campus only) -- $28/hr • Asoc Dir Program/Project Ops
• Campus -- $40/hr
• Regional -- $36/hr • Program/Project Support Coordinators
• Campus -- $33/hr
• Includes I, II, Sr
• Regional -- $26/hr • Extension Educators
• Campus -- $19/hr
• Regional -- $18/hr • Program Associate -- $17/hr
The average hourly rates are for typical program delivery positions within University of Missouri Extension. These averages include salary and benefits.
As these numbers are averages across all those in the positions, the specific costs are higher for some individuals and lower for others, but in our estimation of costs for programs we are using the average costs versus the precise costs of a specific filled position to University of Missouri Extension.
Faculty and salaried positions do not work for an hourly rate of pay, but for calculation purposes the cost of the average salary paid and other costs are totaled as an annual amount and divided by total annual hours related to a standard 40 hour work week (2080) to attain an estimated hourly rate.
Last Updated 09/2018
- Ethics and Compliance Hotline
- Reporting Financial Issues (DOCX)
- Insurance coverage and procedures
- Conflict of Interest policy
- Reporting lobbying activities
- Records Management
- Credit card information for campus units
- Credit Card Security and Compliance
Inventory: Property and capital equipment policy
Under the UM System Property and Capital Equipment Policy (Business Policy Manual BPM-407) each campus is responsible for maintaining inventory records for all non-expendable, movable property and equipment which has a single item cost of $5,000 or more. A list is provided to MU Extension semi-annually and units are asked to verify the status and location of the items.
Included in the policy are responsibilities at the department chair and administrative head level for establishing appropriate controls for all products purchased with university funds and maintaining records and controls for sensitive or portable equipment that are not inventoried under other provisions of the policy. Items listed as examples include: laptops and desktop computers, monitors and printers, guns, cameras, stop watches, pocket calculators, cellphones and PDAs. The information maintained must include:
1. Item description
1. Make and model number
1. Date purchased and price paid
1. Individual to whom the equipment is assigned
Extension Technology and Computer Support (ETCS) currently tracks computers, monitors, laptops, networked printers, scanners, digital cameras, polycoms, smartboards and projectors that are purchased through them. An inventory list is provided annually for update.
In order to track other items such as PDAs, cameras, etc., we are asking that each program area and fiscal unit self-inventory and then maintain a list of items that were purchased with university funding. In the future, items purchased with university funds should be added to the list. At a minimum, a yearly accounting of the items would be appropriate.
For local county extension offices, any equipment purchased with university funds that are not otherwise inventoried and tagged must be labeled in a way to indicate the items are University of Missouri property and should be maintained on the office’s inventory list. If the list is combined with items purchased with council funds, the list should indicate the source of funding for each item.
- PeopleSoft login screen (for T&E and ePro)
- Travel and Expense instructions
Setting up a new supplier requires a supplier-completed W-9 form (PDF)
Requesting a supplier address update, supplier address addition, supplier direct deposit, or a new supplier to be created
- Financial access and training
- PeopleSoft data entry training (online)
- PeopleSoft account list-internal short (PDF). Includes revenue, expenses, transfers-updated 1/16/19
- PS account list (comprehensive) (XLSX)
- Query Common PS Tables-Fiscal (PDF)
- Query Common PS Tables-HR (PDF)