Applies to University-paid staff and faculty with a home department in extension (per MU HR PeopleSoft) with an effective retirement date of July 1, 2017 or after.
- Units submit retirement PAFs through Extension HR
- ANR, MUCO and FRTI will need to notify Extension HR when extension employee retires > 50 percent appointment.
- After submission of PAF, retiree will receive “retirement email” from extension retirement coordinator with specifics about choosing a retirement gift, directions for opt-in or out for The Network newsletter; open invitation to the Summit, and other specifics regarding benefits, leave, etc.
- Continue listing in The Exchange newsletter Retirement section.
- Continue with the framed certificate with recommendation for supervisor to prepare a presentation to include a review of career and highlights. Option to solicit personal cards/notes from colleagues.
- “Thank You For Your Years of Service” card signed by Marshall to be delivered by director with framed certificate.
- Choice of selected gift items from University Bookstore (offered gifts are subject to change based on availability).
- Funding for celebrations/receptions are as follows:
- Director positions and above are paid from Central Extension Administration funds (reasonable cost only). Central Extension Administration may also pay for light refreshments, centerpieces, etc., when celebrations use University facilities. Hotels, banquet rooms, etc. are not covered.
- Regional faculty and staff are paid from regional funds.
- Campus faculty and staff are paid from unit funds.
- Extension funds are not to pay for alcohol. Cash bar only if alcohol is served.
For a document version of the process for recognizing retirees, see the retiree recognition policy (DOCX).