Toggle Side Menu In this section

Applies to University-paid staff and faculty with home department in Extension (per MU HR Peoplesoft) with an effective retirement date of March 1, 2021 or after.

Final action:

  • Units submit retirement PAFs through Extension HR
    • ANR, MUCO and FRTI will need to notify Extension HR when extension employee retires > 50 percent appointment.
  • After submission of PAF, retiree will receive “retirement email” from Extension Retirement Coordinator with specifics about choosing a retirement gift, directions for opt-in or out for the Network newsletter; open invitation to the Summit, and other specifics regarding benefits, leave, etc.
  • Continue listing individuals in The Exchange newsletter retirement section.
  • “Thank You for Your Years of Service” card signed by the Vice Chancellor of Extension & Engagement.
  • Choice of selected gift items from University Bookstore (offered gifts are subject to change based on availability).
    • Retiree will select gift via survey link; Bookstore will verify eligibility with Extension Retirement & Benefits Coordinator, then gift will be shipped directly to the retiree from the Bookstore.
    • Funds appropriated are $50 per retiree for gift self-selection, to be paid from HR Account.
  • Funding for celebrations/receptions are as follows:
    • If using central, regional or unit funds, celebrations should be held on campus or in an Extension office. Light refreshments and reasonable decorations are appropriate. Extension funds are not to pay for alcohol. A cash bar can be utilized if alcohol is served.
    • University guidelines apply to those events paid from central, regional or unit funds. Off campus, private locations, etc., can be used if individual or other funds are used. Funds collected or expended from individual private donations may not be processed through University accounts.
    • Director positions and above are paid from Central Extension Administration funds (reasonable cost only). Central Extension Administration may also pay for light refreshments, centerpieces, etc., when celebrations use University facilities. Hotels, banquet rooms, etc.
    • Regional faculty and staff are paid from regional funds.
    • Campus faculty and staff are paid from unit funds.

For a full document version of the process for recognizing retirees, see the retiree recognition policy (PDF).