There are a multitude of factors to consider when developing or delivering a program. Here, on our program development tools page, you will find information and resources for program registration systems, intellectual property, digital accessibility, program evaluation and more.
Program Registration Systems
Here, we will briefly introduce our two program registration systems. Please note that Canvas not only serves to register participants, but facilitates learning in myriad ways. Check out our Canvas Expo videos to see how your peers are leveraging Canvas.
Canvas or Cvent - Which is the right registration system for your virtual program?
When you need to deliver an extension program, your registration options are either Canvas or Cvent. Both of these systems allow you to:
- Deliver synchronous sessions using Zoom
- Track continuing education (CE) credit
- Offer CE certificates
- Collect participant demographics
- Access reporting 24/7
- Evaluate the program
Additional Canvas features
Both asynchronous and synchronous programs and activities are supported by Canvas. Participants can directly access live Zoom or Panopto sessions and recordings. Course emails, announcements and asynchronous discussion forums can be incorporated into your program. Participants can access handouts, worksheets, publications and other resources before, during and after the program. Canvas includes multiple interaction and collaboration options. Canvas programs can be replicated and modified.
Visit our Learning Technologies and Canvas webpages for additional information and resources. For more information and Canvas support, please go to the Cherwell Canvas Portal and select CONTACT US:
Cherwell Canvas Portal
Additional Cvent features
Cvent facilitates delivering synchronous information or presentations. If the program is a multiday virtual event, participants can communicate via an optional integrated mobile app. Participants can be emailed handouts before an event and links to recordings after the event.
The Event Management website provides an overview and several resources to help you plan and create your event, as well as answers to frequently asked questions. For more information about Cvent and Event Management:
Contact MU Conference Office
Other Program Considerations
- Copyright and fair use
- Digital accessibility resources for web pages and digital materials including Word docs, PDFs and PowerPoint handouts can be found at Digitalaccess.missouri.edu
- Communication and Marketing Resources
- Participant demographics survey - Both Cvent and Canvas will be collecting demographics during registration starting in September/October 2021.
- Media releases – MU Photo & Video Releases guidelines & form
Zoom recordings made and shared for educational purposes do not require a release. If you take screen shots of interactions for any communication or marketing purposes, please be sure to have releases for the people involved.
- Program evaluation
- Virtual events through Cvent include a program evaluation.
- An editable program evaluation survey is included in every Canvas course.