The MU Conference Office will assist faculty and staff in completing these simple steps to promote an event on the MU Extension website and manage participant registration. For a visual of this process, please see the Event Lifecycle and Submission Process (PDF).
Submitting an event (all types)
- Program organizer enters event details via MyExtension (see video above).
- Details include event description, fees (if applicable), deadline, attendance capacity, discounts offered, etc.
- Upon submission, program organizer receives e-notification summarizing event details.
- MU Conference Office (MUCO) sets up event.
- Sends email introduction and event request confirmation to program organizer.
- Consults with organizer about additional planning services (if applicable).
- Reviews event information updates and provides registration preview.
- Develops online registration and additional event website pages (if applicable).
- Posts event on the MU Extension website and county page in five business days.
- Organizer receives public web address (URL) for promotion.
Registration events (only)
- Registration opens.
- Online registrations are processed in Cvent with credit card (3% transaction fee, system fee and campus program share deducted and balance deposited in county MoCode).
- County managing event may accept registrations at local office or event and records registrant details in Offline Registration Roster.
- Payments are deposited into local/unit accounts.
- Cancellations and refunds (if applicable) are processed by same method as original payment.
- Monthly financial settle-up is processed through Extension Fiscal Operations.
- Organizer has 24/7/365 access to up-to-date online registration rosters and fees paid.
Post event (registration events)
- At event close date, reminder email sent to organizer to respond with offline registrant data or confirm there are no additional registrants.
- Program organizer provides Offline Registration Roster (XLS), if applicable, to MUCO within 5 business days after event.
- MUCO uploads completed Offline Registration Roster into Cvent.
- Final processing of system fee and campus program share are charged to event MoCode.
- MUCO sends email to organizer that processing is complete and event fiscal report and roster can be found in Cvent Event Final Roster & Fiscal Report folder (login required).
- Transactions are reflected in monthly financial settle-up by Extension Fiscal Operations.
- Organizer completes reporting in MyExtension.